Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lots of soup and a yummy sandwhich!

Ok, so I know for the rest of you it is still about 70 degree weather out, but for us here in Colorado, winter has already arrived and we are going on our third day with snow still on the ground! What happened to Fall I want to know!
So, in light of our weather situation, we have been having a lot of soup/stew around here lately! For a few meal ideas, this is what we have been putting together:

Taco Soup (super easy and one of the kids favorites!)
3 cans red beans (I usually only use 2)
2 cans italian recipe tomatoes (sometimes I just use 1)
1 jar picante salsa
1 lb. hamburger
2 cans vegetable beef soup (I personally don't like the beef in this type of soup so I just use vegetable soup, my favorite is the Kroger chunky brand)

Brown hamburger, mix into pan with all canned ingredients (do not drain cans)and heat over stove until warm. Serve with cheese and sour cream.

We are having the Bear Creek potato soup tonight, which comes in a bag. You just add water and heat up. I also add corn and cooked sausage to it.

Tomorrow I am going to make Kari's Beef Stew recipe. I think I've given you all the recipe before, but if not, let me know and I can pass it on.

Last night we had Roast Beef Sandwiches. I've tried a few different recipes for this same thing and I think I like this version the best so far, and everyone will eat it, which is the real test. It is super easy! I got the recipe out of my coupon section from my newspaper. :)

Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches
1 can Campbell's French Onion Soup
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (I think this is too much, so I use about 2 tsp.)
3/4 lbs. sliced roast beef
4 Hoagie rolls
4 slices of Provolone cheese cut in half
1/4 cup drained pickled banana pepper rings (I make mine without the peppers)

Heat oven to 400.
Heat soup and Worcestershire sauce in saucepan to a boil. Add beef and heath through, stirring occasionally.
Divide beef mixture among rolls. Top beef mixture with cheese slices and place sandwiches onto baking sheet. (I usually spoon extra soup mixture onto sandwiches)
Bake 3 mins. or until sandwiches are toasted and cheese is melted. Top each with peppers.

This only makes 4 sandwiches, so you will probably have to double it to feed everyone, except for Donny and Sarah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment