Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ghosts and Spiders

Last week was Kaden's week for snacks at preschool. Being Halloween week and all, I couldn't just take anything. So, all week I took Halloween themed snacks. It probably won't do you much good now, but maybe next year...

On Monday I took chocolate dipped pretzel sticks - Witches Broomsticks!
(The top half of a Pretzel Rod rolled in whatever color of molding chocolate with Halloween sprinkles on top.)

Wednesday we took Boo Cups!
3 1/4 cups cold milk
2 boxes (4 serving size)instant chocolate pudding
1 tub thawed Cool Whip
20 Oreo cookies (I used more)crushed (I used Halloween Oreos w/ orange frosting just to be festive!)
30 mini chocolate chips

Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding. Beat with whisk 2 mins. or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the cool whip and half of the crushed cookies.

Spoon 1 tbsp. remaining crushed oreos into 15 cups. Spoon pudding mixture evenly into cups, top with remaining crushed cookies.

Drop remaining cool whip by spoonfuls onto desserts to create ghosts. Use mini chips for eyes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 15.

Friday we took Spiders!
I saw these on a kids tv show a long time ago and have done them a few times. All you do is spread peanut butter, or cream cheese since a lot of kids have peanut allergies, onto a cracker. Break pretzel sticks in half and add 4 on each side for spider legs. Spread peanut butter or cream cheese on another cracker and place on top of original cracker. For eyes you can use either raisins, or I like craisins. Stick onto cracker using either the cream cheese or peanut butter.

I took pics, but for some reason blogger won't upload them so I will send them to your emails so you can see what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment